Sunday, August 9, 2009

Forgiveness


I was always asked by my cousin sister Malindar , how is it that I was able to forgive people so easily after the mental torture they put me through . Honestly i could never answer this question until today , but I believe if you love yourself and are convinced that the universe is always doing its best for you and not against you , something deep within will always come up to rescue you from an unpleasant situation . It will not work towards your wants but it will definitely take care of your needs.

I have always followed the life of the previous Pope , John Paul as he has always fascinated me with his writing which happen to be in Italian and I always have hair pulling days to translate them .But nevertheless being a pope for 28 years , he tried his best to make the world a better place. Somehow deep down , perhaps he agreed to abortion (otherwise kids go on the streets unwanted ) but he had a role to fit in in the Vatican City . Anyway that's only my perception and not the actual truth .

The Pope was shot by a Muslim and was near death but eventually he went to forgive the man in the prison after he recovered.That is what I call Divine Love .It was this situation which prompted me to understand that we are only human . We all have roles to play on the stage that we are on .

I was almost raped during my backpack to India (I pray that my parents are not reading this otherwise , I will ever get a chance to backpack) by someone i knew fairly well. At that point in my life , when the man was on me , all i could do was cry . Struggling with a man who was 6 feet tall served no purpose .Perhaps it was my tears which stopped him , i do not know but i knew at that point of time , as a lady , I had to be stronger than a man in any given situation .I forgave him not because I was not angry . I forgave him because I wanted him to realise that what he did was wrong and that he was only human . Maybe it was the way I spoke , maybe it was the way I laughed which enticed him when i was around him .Perhaps it was my understanding of the physical nature of a man brought me down to forgiveness . I wanted myself to understand that I had a part in that action and that men were easily aroused . Had I not done that , i wouldn't have learnt how my behaviour affected the people around . I forgave him because I wanted myself to learn .


Forgiveness is a choice within all of us .It has nothing to do with anyone around us . It is all about us deep within . God may have carved our destinies but the choice of forgiving is entirely ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment